Summer and Fall 2017 Registration
In order to register for Appalachian courses for Summer and Fall 2017 semesters, you MUST read and follow the information below. If you have questions, or choose not to enroll in courses, immediately contact the Office of Distance Education: 800-355-4084. Email Distance Education
To register for Summer and Fall 2017:
- To access the Summer 2017 Distance Education schedule, go to: http://www.extension.appstate.edu/summerschedule.php.
- To access the Fall 2017 Distance Education schedule, go to: http://www.extension.appstate.edu/fallschedule.php.
- Select the appropriate link (Undergraduate or Graduate), then select your program, and determine the CRN # (5 digits) of the course(s) for which you wish to register.
- Go to AppalNet and enter your assigned username and password to login. Click on the
Self Service tab, then Student tab, and the Registration
link. Click on the Check
Your Registration Status link and Select Term to view any holds that might affect
your registration or class permits/overrides that have been submitted.
Access to the registration system is based on your classification and total earned hours (institutional and transfer), which may be viewed under the Check Your Registration Status link. (Rest assured, distance education cohorts provide guaranteed seats in the respective cohort courses to members of the cohort - regardless of their classification at the time of registration - so long as students register during their appointed times.
Once you have determined your classification and number of earned hours, go to The Registration Acess page to learn the designated day and time for which you have initial access to the registration system. You will not be allowed to register until your intital access date and time.
To Add/Drop Classes, in AppalNet, click on the Self Service tab, then Student tab, then Drop/Add Classes link from the Registration menu. Select the appropriate Term (First Summer 2017, Second Summer 2017 or Fall 2017) - repeat this step for each term for which you intend to register.
- Enter the course CRN # for each course you wish to add and click Submit
- When you have completed all transactions, Logout of AppalNet.
SUMMER 2017 textbook information will be available via the University Bookstore and AppalNet by approximately April 1, 2017. Instructions will be posted on the Distance Education Schedule of Classes.
FALL 2017 textbook information will be
available via the University Bookstore and AppalNet by
approximately August 1, 2017. Instructions will be posted on the Distance Education Schedule of Classes.
IMPORTANT REMINDER - the last day to drop/add classes for each term/session is listed on the Academic Calendar. Please be aware that tuition will NOT be adjusted/refunded after this date for any reduction to your class schedule (dropping a course). For more information refer to the University Policies and Procedures page on the Distance Education Schedule of classes.
If you have questions, please contact our office at 800/355-4084.